What dates are you available ? Thursday and Friday
Which workshop do you want to attend ? 5-Hour Crash Course,
What is your skill level with WordPress ? Beginner,
Subject: Web Design
I would like a hands on class where I can learn all I need to know to start a web designing business.
To answer your questions:
I have very little knowledge of HTML, Drupal, and WordPress, I have been assisting a coworker with our group site and I am working on a personal website of a business my husband and I have back home. To give you some idea please check out my work:
Here is your Web Design Training Schedule :
Aug. 27 – Thursday – 8 am – 1130 am
Location: Downtown San Jose
Introduction to Web Design –
1) Learning the language of web development – HTML, CSS, PHP, sql
2) How websites are created – Domains & Hostings
3) Different types of hosting. Depends on whether its a blog, a business site,
an ecommerce site, a forum or Social Media Site
4) Installing WordPress on a Hosting Account ( web server )
Thurs. – 6 pm – 930 pm
Introduction to WordPress
1) Learning the language of WordPress – widgets, plugins, hyperlinks
2) Anatomy of a WordPress Site – Header, Content, Sidebar, Footer
3) WordPress content creation using pages & posts ( categories )
4) Organizing content using the Menu system of different WP themes.
5) Understanding how Widgets & Plugins works
6) Selecting and changing templates. Difference between free & paid themes or
templates. An excellent source to buy WP templates is themeforest
We will be practing on your existing WordPress site
Aug. 28 – Friday – 9am- noon, Lunch Break, 100 – 500 pm
Friday is a review of what you learn on Thursday. We will work on finishing your
husband’s WP site. I also want to show you how to create an E-commerce site using
Woo-Commerce ( 2 hours ). I will show you an existing WP site I am working on.
If there is time, we can talk for an hour about Google Analytics & SEO
( Search Engine Optimization )
1) WordPress Navigation Basics – Creating Pages, Categories, & Posts
2) Using the menu system versus page system – Navigation tips & visual layout
3) The power of tags in posts for SEO & Google searches.
4) WordPress categories versus wordpress tags .
5) The Power of Widgets – Modifying the look of your site using these amazing tools.<
6) Selecting templates to create the feel and look for your website brand.
7) Installing images & graphics – Visual layout & html technique
8)WordPress Plugins – Make your site dynamic with the power of Plugins.
The top 12 plugins must have for your WordPress site.
9) Using Pixlr express ( free online photo editor ) instead of Photoshop to edit & resize photos.
10) Contact form plugins like Fast Secure Contact. Create unlimited forms to generate
more sales and business for your website.
11) SEO Basics for WordPress – Using dates, slugs, and settings menu
Workshop Fee for the 2 day training is $ 650.00
You all get a total of 3 hours free online WP follow up webinar by skype/Google Chat
and 30 days of free email support. Send me any WordPress or related question,
I can send an invoice or you can send payment of $ 625.00 to email@example.com
and you will get an invoice from Coolwebdesigns2go.com